We have a team of clinicians who work in different areas of child development, such as Speech Pathologists, Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapists, Psychologists and Paediatricians. Depending on the child’s needs, they may see one or more clinicians.
Working together with families
Parents, carers and families play the most important role in supporting their child’s development. We work closely with families to plan and set goals for their child, based on the child’s strengths and interests and the parents’ concerns and priorities for their child.
What services will families receive?
Families referred to the service will be invited to an initial appointment. During this appointment we will discuss parents’ concerns, goals and priorities.
Depending on the needs of the child, the plan may include a range of service options such as:
- Activity ideas and resources for home, school or childcare/kinder
- Individual or group therapy appointments
- Information on community programs
- Referral to another service
CBCHS will work with families to develop a plan, which will be based on:
- Working in partnership with the family on goals that are most important to them and their child
- Increasing the family’s skills and confidence to support their child’s development in every day environments
- Allowing time to practice skills
- Supporting families to access other services and community resources
Please go to our fees page to see the costs for these services.
Book an appointment
To book an appointment or for more information, please phone.