Our services are also a valuable resource for caregivers to access some well-earned respite from their caring duties. Participants can choose to attend a single group or multiple groups.
We welcome you to share your story, interests, and goals to help choose a group that will stimulate you and bring you joy. We also seek your feedback on new ideas for activities that we could add to our program. To view all current activities, please download our CBCHS Social Support Groups Schedule for 2022.
- Outings programs offered daily
- Wellness activities including strength training groups, warm water exercise groups, and personal training
- Culturally specific programs that celebrate your heritage including Turkish, Chinese, Italian, and Cook Islander groups
- Movie days
- All day tours
- Walking groups
- Coffee & lunch activities
- Programs tailored for people suffering from memory loss and/or cognitive changes (including dementia, intellectual disability, and acquired brain injury)
Groups operate Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays).
- People who are 65 years and over (50 years or older for Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander people) who are able to access Community Home Support Program (CHSP) funding.
- People under 65 years (or under 50 years for Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander people) who are able to access Home and Community Care (HACC) Program funding.
Please contact us on 9581 8500 to discuss your eligibility.
We aim to keep our fees as low as possible. Groups typically cost $10 per session. Participants may incur additional costs during outings e.g. meals, admission fees.
How can I join?
For people 65 years and over (50 years or older for Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander people), please contact My Aged Care on 1800 200 422 to register and request a referral for Social Support Groups at Central Bayside Community Health Services
For people under 65 years (or under 50 years for Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander people), please phone us directly on 9581 8500 or email email@example.com