Occupational Therapists indirectly work on developing confidence, independence, improving self-esteem and general wellbeing.
Our Occupational Therapy Service is available for children 0–12 years with difficulties in the following areas:
- Balance and coordination skills like hopping, jumping, swinging
- Fine motor skills such as cutting, drawing, pre-writing skills and co-ordination
- School readiness
- Social skills and enhancing self-esteem
- Visual perception, understanding and processing what the child sees e.g. drawing, matching, writing and copying from the whiteboard
- Self-care skills such as eating, dressing, toileting
- Sensory – sensitivity to touch, movement, sound, etc.
What services do we provide?
Families who access the service will be invited to an initial appointment. During this appointment we will discuss parents’ concerns, goals and priorities.
Depending on the needs of the child, a range of service options will be offered such as:
- Assessment and support for children with developmental delays
- Activity ideas and resources for home, school or childcare/kinder
- Individual or group therapy appointments
- Information on community programs
- Referral to another service
Who can access this service?
Children aged 0-12 years
Do I need a referral?
No, please contact us and make an appointment
Please go to our fees page to see the costs for this service.