Everyday activities are recommended to develop a child’s language skills such as reading stories, playing games and taking part in group activities. A speech pathologist will focus on developmental skills and assisting children to develop and gain confidence in their abilities.
Our Paediatric Speech Pathologists work with children from birth to primary school entry who have:
- Difficulty with speech, hard to understand
- Not saying many words
- Difficulty constructing sentences
- Difficulty following instructions
- Difficulty with answering questions
- Difficulty articulating sounds
- Difficulty interacting with other children, social interactions
- Poor listening skills
- Difficulty swallowing, eating and drinking
What services do we provide?
Families who access the service will be invited to an initial appointment. During this appointment we will discuss parents’ concerns, goals and priorities.
Depending on the needs of the child, a range of service options will be offered such as:
- Assessment and support for children with developmental delays
- Activity ideas and resources for home, school or childcare/kinder
- Individual or group therapy appointments
- Information on community programs
- Referral to another service
Who can access this service?
Children aged 0-6 years, pre-primary school
Do I need a referral?
No, please contact us and make an appointment
Please go to our fees page to see the costs for this service.