What is the NDIS?
The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) is designed to change the way disability services are delivered in Australia. It aims to do this by:
- Recognising that disability related support is an entitlement
- Acknowledging the right of all people to an ‘ordinary life’
- Matching funding to the support needed and placing control over the funding with the person and their support network
- Ensuring that providers discuss the service they will deliver with the person who will receive it through negotiation of individual agreements
- Supporting a social model of disability support where the community sector contributes to support as they do for all community members, and
- Facilitating choice of provider in an open market.
People who are eligible work with the NDIS through a planning process, where they can identify their needs and goals, then develop a plan that identifies the disability related support they require.
From personal support, to assistance to access study or to get a job, the NDIS is all about empowering you to live a full and independent life! For further information, contact us: