My Aged Care is available for the following groups:
- People aged 65 years and over
- People who are Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander and are aged 50 years and over
- People who are homeless or at risk of homelessness and are aged 50 and over.
What CBCHS Can Offer You?
CBCHS is a registered provider of My Aged Care.
We provide Coordinated Care. This means our team of health and wellbeing professionals work together, and in partnership with clients, to provide services to meet individual needs.
CBCHS offers the following services under My Aged Care:
- Dietetics – to help manage diet related health problems
- Podiatry – for foot and leg care
- Physiotherapy – for mobility and pain reduction
- Occupational Therapy – for help with everyday activities at home
- Nursing – support to help manage health and recovery
- Exercise Groups – such as Pilates, Gentle Exercise, Tai Chi and Hydrotherapy
- Social Support Groups – for enjoyment and community connection
What Does This Mean For You?
If you are aged 65 years and over (or 50 and over for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people) and are a current CBCHS client, you can continue to book services directly through us by phoning 8587 0200.
If you are eligible to receive services under My Aged Care and are not a CBCHS client there are two options:
- 1. Call CBCHS on 03 8587 0200 and ask us to help you register for My Aged Care so you can access our services through the program.
- 2. Go to the My Aged Care website or call the Contact Centre directly on 1800 200 422.
The Contact Centre will ask you a range of questions to work out the services you need. Be sure to tell the My Aged Care Contact Centre that you would like to receive services from Central Bayside Community Health Services. A referral will then be sent to us and we will call you to make an appointment.