- Contact Name: ACO Administrative Assistant
- Location: Multiple positions available across our CBCHS sites
- Closing Date: Accepting Ongoing Applications
A rewarding role responsible for assisting people with a disability to engage in activities and programs that support their individual development and well-being.
About the Company
Central Bayside Community Health Services is the number one community health provider in the City of Kingston. We have 238 employees and 185 volunteers working collaboratively to support our team.
We provide a multitude of health, wellbeing and social services. These include medical, dental, allied health, nurses and counselling services. We also provide aged care services and adult disability services in support with the National Disability Scheme (NDIS).
Purpose of the Position
The Client Support Professional is responsible for assisting people with a disability to engage in activities and programs that support their individual development and wellbeing.
The Client Support Professional operates within a variety of settings including CBCHS centres, the client’s home and community based locations.
The Client Support Professional will provide guidance to the Client Support Workers.
We encourage you to visit our Disability Services /Video on our website.
- Flexible Hours 7am – 10pm – any day of the week.
- Provide day to day care, support and direction to clients in both 1:1 and/or group programs.
- Lead client supervision and implementation of centre and / or community based programs.
- Provide full support to clients in all centred and community programs (including swimming).
- Lead, support and provide guidance to Client Support Worker.
- In consultation with the Team Leader provide input into development and planning of Person Centred Plans (PCPs) and Behaviour Support Plans (BSPs).
- Assist with the planning and implementation of a weekly timetable.
- Meet individual personal care needs of clients, as required (including full physical assistance with lunches and incontinent clients and administering medication, as required.
Key Selection Criteria
- Certificate IV in Community Services (Disability) and recognised experience or relevant tertiary qualification.
- Ability and willingness to provide day-to-day care and support to a range of clients in all scheduled activities across all settings.
- Well-developed communication skills both written and verbal, including the ability to liaise with families, carers and other professionals from a diverse range of cultures and backgrounds.
- Demonstrated focus on service excellence with a commitment to delivering high quality outcomes for clients.
- Ability to work flexibly and adapt to changing situations.
- Have current NDIS Worker Screening Check (or willingness to obtain).
- A current Drivers Licence is preferable for some roles, but not essential to all. Applicants who do not hold a licence are encouraged to apply.
- Current First Aid Certificate is desirable.
How to Apply
View the Position Description linked below to view the full requirements of this role.
To submit your application you will need a copy of your qualifications.