- Contact Name: Samantha O'Brien
- Location: Multiple positions available across our CBCHS sites
- Closing Date: Accepting Ongoing Applications
A rewarding role responsible for assisting people with a disability to engage in activities and programs that support their individual development and well-being.
About the Company
CBCHS is a for-cause, not-for-profit organisation providing a wide range of allied health, dental, child development, disability and aged care services to more than 15,000 clients every year in and around the City of Kingston. Many of our clients are differently abled, socially isolated, financially disadvantaged or exposed to other socio-economic vulnerabilities. Our head office is in Parkdale with programs and services also offered at Chelsea, Clarinda, Mentone, Cheltenham, Clayton and Edithvale.
We are a values driven organisation with a reputation for service innovation and quality. We are a flexible and inclusive employer that values and supports workforce diversity. We strongly support equal opportunity and encourage applications from all people including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities, those with culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, the LGBTIQ community, and people with a disability.
Purpose of the Position
This position is responsible for supporting people with a disability to exercise choice and control over their lives, and to participate in activities to meet their individual needs, goals and interests. This can be in a group setting in the community or any ACO / CBCHS venue or 1:1 centre-based support.
This position is casual. You will need to be flexible in terms of potentially undertaking shifts at different sites as needed.
- Flexible hours and shifts available – 7am to 10pm any day of the week.
- Supportive and friendly environment.
- Ongoing training and support provided.
Client Support/Program Delivery
- Provide client support at any ACO venue or community based group program;
- Provide 1:1 centre based support to clients to actively participate in centre-based activities as per the weekly timetable;
- Provide individualised personal care for clients, as required. (eg. toileting, meal preparation)
- Support client choice and control;
- Complete client records including incident reports, daily communication diaries and related client documents;
- Maintain privacy and confidentiality, in accordance with CBCHS policy;
- Drive CBCHS buses or others vehicles as required in accordance with CBCHS policies;
Key Selection Criteria
Selection criteria is based on the following;
- Minimum of 6 months experience providing support to clients in a similar setting;
- Ability to put the individual client’s choice and control first;
- Demonstrated ability to protect, promote and uphold the rights of people with a disability;
- Demonstrated commitment to delivering high quality outcomes for clients;
- Ability and willingness to provide support to a range of people with a disability in all activities, including tasks that involve manual handling and personal hygiene;
- Good verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to liaise positively with families, carers and other professionals from a diverse range of cultures and backgrounds;
How to Apply
If this sounds like an exciting position for you please view the attached Position Description via the link below.
If you have queries please contact Samantha O’Brien at firstname.lastname@example.org
Click apply now to submit your application.