- Contact Name: Samantha O'Brien
- Location: Multiple positions available across our CBCHS sites
- Closing Date: Accepting Ongoing Applications
A rewarding role responsible for assisting people with a disability to engage in activities and programs that support their individual development and well-being.
About the Company
CBCHS is a for-cause, not-for-profit organisation providing a wide range of allied health, dental, child development, disability and aged care services to more than 15,000 clients every year in and around the City of Kingston. Many of our clients are differently abled, socially isolated, financially disadvantaged or exposed to other socio-economic vulnerabilities. Our head office is in Parkdale with programs and services also offered at Chelsea, Clarinda, Mentone, Cheltenham, Clayton and Edithvale.
We are a values driven organisation with a reputation for service innovation and quality. We are a flexible and inclusive employer that values and supports workforce diversity. We strongly support equal opportunity and encourage applications from all people including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities, those with culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, the LGBTIQ community, and people with a disability.
Purpose of the Position
This position is responsible for supporting people with a disability to exercise choice and control over their lives, and to participate in activities to meet their individual needs, goals and interests. This can be in a group setting in the community or any ACO / CBCHS venue or 1:1 centre-based support.
The Client Support Professional will provide guidance to the Client Support Workers.
This position is casual. You will need to be flexible in terms of potentially undertaking shifts at different sites as needed.
- Flexible hours and shifts available – 7am to 10pm any day of the week.
- Supportive and friendly environment.
- Ongoing training and support provided.
Client Support/Program Delivery
- Provide client support at any ACO venue, in home or community based programs;
- Facilitate the weekly timetable;
- Provide input into the development and evaluation of group and individual timetables, Person Centred Plans (PCPs) and Behaviour Support Plans (BSPs), NDIS goal achievement;
- Provide input into program planning, delivery and evaluation;
- Liaise with a Senior Client Support Professionals about any matters related to clients, the timetable and support needs;
- Provide support for client participation in all activities, as per their Schedule of Support;
- Support clients with Behaviours of Concern, in accordance with their Behaviour Support Plan;
- Provide individualised personal care for clients, as required. (eg. toileting, meal preparation);
- Administer medication as required as per medication policy;
- Drive CBCHS buses or others vehicles as required in accordance with CBCHS policies (unless, not having a valid licence is disclosed pre-employment);
- Maintain privacy and confidentiality, in accordance with CBCHS policy.
Key Selection Criteria
- Certificate IV in Community Services (Disability) and recognised experience or relevant tertiary qualification.
- Ability and willingness to provide day-to-day care and support to a range of clients in all scheduled activities across all settings.
- Well-developed communication skills both written and verbal, including the ability to liaise with families, carers and other professionals from a diverse range of cultures and backgrounds.
- Demonstrated focus on service excellence with a commitment to delivering high quality outcomes for clients.
- Ability to work flexibly and adapt to changing situations.
- Have current NDIS Worker Screening Check (or willingness to obtain).
- A current Drivers Licence is preferable for some roles, but not essential to all. Applicants who do not hold a licence are encouraged to apply.
- Current First Aid Certificate is desirable.
How to Apply
If this sounds like an exciting position for you please view the attached Position Description via the link below.
If you have queries please contact Cathie Raitt at firstname.lastname@example.org
Click apply now to submit your application.