Commencing in December, the outreach program will run on the second Monday of each month and offer bulk billed eye examinations and subsidised glasses through a state government program, the Victorian Eyecare Service for pension and concession card holders.
- Comprehensive eye exams.
- Assessments of vision, ocular health, and visual function.
- Subsidised glasses for concession card holders.
- Screenings for eye disease, including cataract, glaucoma and age related macula degeneration.
- Diabetic eye care.
- Referrals to appropriate practitioners, such as a GP or opthalmologist, for further care, as required.
Our program caters primarily to pension and concession card holders, but all community members are welcome. We extend this welcome particularly to people who may be experiencing disadvantage, such as people experiencing homelessness, new arrivals, and people with disability.
- Eye examinations are bulk-billed to Medicare.
- Glasses are subsidised through a state government program, the Victorian Eyecare Service, for concession/pension card holders.
- The VASSS (Victorian Aboriginal Spectacle Subsidy Scheme) is available for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
Book an appointment
To book an appointment or for more information, please phone.