- Contact Name: Matthew Macaulay
- Location: Mentone
- Closing Date: 29 October 2021
We have an exciting vacancy in our Social Support area for an experienced and professional Coordinator. This is a fantastic opportunity to manage a collegiate team as well as build relationships with other organisations to support program delivery. This is a Full Time position based in Mentone.
We have an exciting vacancy in our Social Support area for an experienced and professional Coordinator. This is a fantastic opportunity to manage a collegiate team as well as build relationships with other organisations to support program delivery.
This is a Full Time position based in Mentone.
About the Company
CBCHS is a for-cause, not-for-profit organisation providing a wide range of allied health, dental, child development, disability and aged care services to more than 15,000 clients every year in and around the City of Kingston. Many of our clients are differently abled, socially isolated, financially disadvantaged or exposed to other socio-economic vulnerabilities. Our head office is in Parkdale with programs and services also offered at Chelsea, Clarinda, Mentone, Cheltenham, Clayton and Edithvale.
We are a values driven organisation with a reputation for service innovation and quality. We are a flexible and inclusive employer that values and supports workforce diversity. We strongly support equal opportunity and encourage applications from all people including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities, those with culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, the LGBTIQ community, and people with a disability.
Purpose of the Position
The Wellness and Social Support Coordinator is responsible for the management of the day to day operations of Social Support Groups at CBCHS. This program provides services to Aged Care clients and includes managing staff, sites, compliance and quality obligations and ensuring evidence based quality programs are being implemented.
You will play a key role in leading the team through program and service development changes ensuring programs are contemporary and meet community needs. Additionally, the role will work with Senior Primary Health staff to ensure service pathways are integrated into broader health and social activities across the Integrated care stream and CBCHS.
- Work with an established and collegiate team
- Not for Profit Salary Packaging
- Easy street parking
- Access to public transport
- Flexible working arrangements
- Program management – provide leadership and day to day management of the Social Support Group team in areas relating to staffing, clients and venues
- Manage and mentor staff to ensure service delivery and support professional growth and skill development. This includes building and developing the knowledge and skill of staff to ensure that clients receive services which reflects up to date, evidence-based practice
- Work with social support staff and other clinical disciplines to identify, develop and implement engaging community and centre based programs for people with a broad range of social needs, health issues and cognitive decline. This includes group programs and interventions across Integrated Care service stream to prevent or manage sub-acute or chronic disease or injury, and assist in restoring optimal physical function, health and wellness
- Provides timely expert advice and develops open and effective communication strategies on all matters related to staff and clients
- Manage the Quality Accreditation Process including any identified improvement plans and SSG quality initiatives. This includes ensuring CBCHS complies with relevant legislation and guidelines for aged and disability services
- Identify and actively manage volunteering priorities within SSG in consultation with the Volunteer Coordinator.
Key Selection Criteria
You will possess a relevant tertiary qualification and relevant management/coordination experience in the community sector, with proven experience in motivating and leading a team. Your experience will include program development in Aged Care with an understanding of current issues and demonstrated experience in issue resolution. You will also have demonstrated understanding of different client funding models, e.g. CHSP, HACC.
You will possess the ability to work independently as well as managing a team of both clinical and administration staff. High level communication and relationship building skills are required for this role, along with the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities.
How to Apply
Applications close Friday 29th October 2021.
All appointments are subject to a satisfactory police records check. This role is open to Australian Residents or those who hold the right to work in Australia.
For More Information
Contact Matthew Macaulay (email@example.com) for a confidential discussion.
A copy of the position description can be accessed below.