Hand Therapy is a specialised area of Occupational Therapy that combines knowledge of the structure of the upper limb with function and activity.
Private Practitioner David Jacobs is an experienced Occupational Therapist who provides a specialist service in Hand Therapy at CBCHS.
Common conditions treated include fractures, sporting injuries, tendon Injuries and arthritis.
Our Hand Therapist provides the following services:
- Educating patients regarding their injury or condition
- Promoting recovery by providing custom-made splints, remedial therapies and exercise prescription
- Providing each patient with a tailored exercise and treatment program specific to their injury or condition
- Developing and achieving patient-specific goals such as return to sport, work and activities of daily living.
- This service is available to everyone.
- Referrals are not necessary for private patients.
- TAC, WorkCover or Department of Veterans’ Affairs (DVA) patients require a referral from a Medical Practitioner.
Initial consultation 45mins – $90
Standard (review) consultations– $80
Rebates from private health funds depend on policy coverage and different health funds. Please check with your health fund for details about your coverage.
For more information about Kingston Hand Therapy, visit https://www.kingstonhandtherapy.com.au/
Book an appointment
To book an appointment or for more information, please phone.